Payroll Advisor - German Speaker
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry's new office in Leeds opened in October 2017. The operation, called Burberry Business Services, brings together shared service teams from the UK, Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. The office is Burberry's centre of excellence for Finance, HR, Procurement, Customer Service and IT functions.
Burberry is looking to recruit a German speaking Payroll Advisor to assist with the administration of the day to day activities relating to monthly payroll covering groups of employees with differing terms and conditions. Ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time and that all statutory and contractual obligations are met.
- Responsible for Payroll activities including but not only limited to: transferring data to Payroll Finance, any additional payroll runs, manual deductions, making payroll adjustments, manual payment, managing cut off dates etc.
- Provision and manipulation of month end payroll summaries, overtime reports etc. to relevant parties
- Provide Gross pay analysis to group Finance post review for costing and budgeting purposes
- Communicating with and resolving HR, third party and employee issues
- Communicating with payroll provider re ad-hoc payroll issues
- Escalate issues and seek advice when faced with complex issues/problems
- Support the creation of a logical plan, realistic estimates and schedule for an activity or payroll run
- Ensure process controls are in place; Maintain, validate and update process documentations as applicable to ensure compliance
- Must have clear understanding of the existing matrices in the process, how they are measured and improvise the measurement system to make it more effective and transparent
- Responsible for checking, processing payroll and sending payroll file to & from vendor/in-house payroll provider
- Accountable for Payroll calendar and updating various team members
- Responsible for supporting Payroll audits, Risk and compliance Matrix outcomes
- May provide input to the maintenance and improvement of existing work processes and systems
- Monitor and review work undertaken by Administrators in order to ensure appropriate use of materials, tools, equipment or resources and adherence to schedules
- Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives per the roadmap defined by the management team and ensure initiatives meet agreed outputs and address customer feedback / improve customer satisfaction
- Manage and perform 'Root Cause Analysis' on issues faced and suggest appropriate corrective action for current remediation and future control.
- Must be able to propose process improvement ideas which can reduce time
- Payroll process expertise
- Depth of experience in working with Third party vendors and various payroll systems
- Relevant technical proficiency
- Competent MS Office user
- Payroll certification, or equivalent experience level
- Full or part CIPP qualified
- Fluent in German
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78537160