Robert Half are actively partnering with the public sector to recruit a Management Accountant for Guildford. The role is being offered as a 3 month temporary assignment and would be an immediate start for the first week of January.
This role is ideal for a part-qualified candidate with public sector experience who is passionate about making a positive difference in people's lives. As such, public sector experience is an absolute must-have.
- Support the development of a short term 1-2 year and longer term 5 year integrated financial and business plan covering income, expenditure, workforce, activity, capacity, CIP, capital plan and its revenue implications
- Accurately upload datasets for the production of the short term 1-2 year and longer term 5 year plan into the financial planning system
- To contribute to the annual budget setting/financial planning process
- To supervise the calculation of the annual budgets for a range of cost centres in accordance with agreed principles and timetables and to be responsible for their input into the Finance Systems
- To work with budget holders and managers to identify cost pressures, service developments and cost improvement plans
- To ensure that the budgets are agreed by the Service managers/budget holders and are within the Division's control total
- Support the development of a rolling 1-2 year forecast for income, expenditure, workforce, activity, capacity, CIP and Capital plan
- To identify, in conjunction with budget holders, any non-recurrent items to ensure that the underlying trend of income and expenditure is understood
- To work with budget holders and managers to identify risks and opportunities and mitigations to ensure that the financial plan is achieved by the end of the financial year
- Provide a reporting pack for the SBUs ensuring that key financial issues, run rate changes, forecast changes, risks and opportunities are clearly and professionally presented in a format which is tailored to the recipients
- Develop knowledge of the main drivers of both income and expenditure for individual cost centres and SBUs
- Ensure that reporting packs are produced and distributed to budget holders in line with month end timetable/deadlines
- Provision of information for internal and external purposes such as reports to the Board and executive team, national reference costs submissions, SLR/PLICs, budget holders and others as required
- Ensure that all required accruals and pre-payments are identified and included within the month end financial position, with each item being correctly coded within the I&E and Balance sheet
- Complete and distribute budget holder meeting minutes for each budget holder meeting which summarise the current financial performance, forecast, risks and opportunities, staffing changes including establishments and any required EMFs, CIPs, income register/SLAs, queries/issues and any required actions/owner of actions/deadline for completion
- Discuss the relationship between activity, income and cost as a whole with budget holders/SBU teams at regular review meetings
The successful Management Accountant will ideally be a part-qualified candidate, definitely with experience working within the public sector. The Management Accountant will be an excellent communicator, a very diligent, dedicated worker passionate about improving lives, and will be an ethically-minded individual.
Reliability, punctuality, and a willingness to go above and beyond will contribute to the success of the candidate.
The client are a public sector business partner of Robert Half based in Guildford.
Salary & Benefits
£16 to £18p/h dependent on experience, free onsite parking, other benefits details on request
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78794886