Would you like to be a part of an industry leading manufacturing company? Do you have a passion for engineering and working in an automotive industry? If so then this could be a role for you.
First and foremost, the Test Data Systems Technician is responsible for his/her safety and the safety of co-workers and consequently must strive to ensure a safe, clean, professional work environment by completing required safety training within required timeframes, establishing safety goals, participating in monthly safety & housekeeping inspections, and demonstrating through attitude and actions that nothing is more important than safety!
Reporting directly to the Test Data Systems Team Leader the individual will complete proposed changes or additions to systems, programs, or infrastructure components including hardware, software, or network. Assist more experienced team members in infrastructure or system development and support team in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or systems problems.
Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individual TDS Engineers assigned new program development and/or maintenance of existing systems, PC's, Data Acquisition software, measurement instruments and any tailored bespoke software.
- Specifies, sources, builds test cell PC based systems
- Monitoring of OEE metrics attributed to TDS, highlighting any concerns to TDS Engineers to be able to tackle route causes of reoccurring lost time and drive quantity of breakdowns down.
- Continue to increase velocity of breakdown resolution improving uptime of test cells.
- When required, installation, license management and maintenance of internal and external supplied/design software (e.g CANape, CAT ET, Perkins EST, Morphee, Test Launcher etc)
- Support to daily Operations meeting as well as part of the TDS call-out rota for out of hours support.
- Process and flow chart creation for standard working practices that are in remit (LWI's, COP's etc)
- Under direction of more senior team members, assists in the development or integration of major system & software modules and programs.
- Prepare test cell data acquisition software for engine installations and test work.
- Attend to TDS Breakdowns quickly and efficiently giving excellent closing comments within the work order system.
- Knowledgeable of current operating environment, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Specifies information flows, processes and procedures, data objects and dialogues between information systems and their users.
- Converts limited parts of logical specifications into more detailed designs; Translates design requirements and implements simple physical database structures.
If this is a role that would excel at, then please apply immediately and I will be in touch as soon as possible.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78519673