The Engineering Manager to provide the appropriate tools, disciplines, skills and techniques in order to successfully deliver agreed performance through adherence and implementation of safety, cost, delivery, quality, environmental and staffing strategies. Key to the role is involvement in CI and site capital project programmes via engineering and operations
This leading manufacturer has a wide range of excellent award winning products which are very popular with a wide range of customers. Their Independence allows them to be dynamic and forward thinking. They are striving for continued growth and efficiency's as they have invested heavily on the site, installing state of the art equipment.
The Engineering Manager role is responsible for the performance of assets on the site and hence must lead by best practice in maintenance engineering, project engineering and production operations. The job holder must improve performance / maintenance of assets with improved maintenance practices and techniques, well executed projects and by ensuring that the appropriate operational procedures are adopted and employed without exercising direct authority over these areas. This will require leadership, strong influencing skills and the ability to put in place suitable processes and practices to drive continuous improvement.
Engineering Manager will need:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in an engineering discipline and demonstrable relevant experience in FMCG at management level
- Proven expertise in reliable engineering and maintenance techniques
- Experience of project management with good working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Change management with CI experience
- Conversant with Lean Manufacturing principles such as RCA / TPM / 5S etc
- Working knowledge of ISO, BRC, GMP, IPPC and hygienic maintenance
- High degree of computer literacy
- Microprocessor, PLC and instrument knowledge.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed capital and revenue budgets
- Working knowledge of PPM systems
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78917149