Insurance Claims Handler / Loss Notification Handler
Due to continued expansion our client has an opportunity for an experienced Motor Personal Injury Claims Handler and a Loss Notification Handler to join their dynamic, innovative team.
Duties include; -
Reviewing new claims received from the First Notification of Loss Unit to highlight any areas of concern with regard to any potential large losses or cases of concern from a fraud perspective.
- Assessing underwriting records and other relevant documents to complete indemnity enquiries in order to ascertain levels of exposure.
- Thorough liability investigations to place the company in the strongest position to consider any claims presented.
- Negotiating Settlement of personal injury claims on the best possible terms following thorough research of all facts and dissection of medico-legal evidence.
- The selective appointment of external partners including panel solicitors, enquiry agents, engineers and loss adjusters whilst maintaining close control of cases referred on.
- Review and control of cases which have been litigated by claimant representatives to equitable conclusion.
- Maintaining allocated caseload of claims up to £25,000.
- Giving best advice and highest level of customer service.
- General cover on telephones.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of modern claims practice, the Civil Procedure Rules and the MOJ protocols, Indemnity checking procedures, current case law and assessment of personal injury valuation and negotiations.
MUST Have Motor Claims experience for the Loss Notification role.
You should demonstrate a pro-active approach to claims settlement and have strong communication, decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
All appropriate in house training will be provided to the successful candidate
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78831369