Global Head of Resource Planning, Digital Media, c £100,000, London
A global name in media technology which provides digital wizardry to some of the biggest names in the business is looking for a Global Head of Resource Planning to join their senior leadership team and put strategic workforce planning at the heart of their agenda for growth, profitability and on-going capability planning to keep them in the number one position globally.
Reporting to the MD, this role is designed to revolutionise their SWP capability. The Head of Resource Planning will not only tightly manage short term resourcing requirements across their global locations - analysing budgets, risks, skillsets, utilisation rates etc. but they will also become a strategic asset to the business, creating a function with the capability to forecast longer-term resourcing needs, identify skill-gaps and anticipate future capability requirements within the industry.
Their insights, scenario planning, and predictive analysis may even go as far as supporting strategic change programmes such as business transformation and organisation redesign. Role responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of regional resource planners
- Mapping Resources across the global offices and advise on cost efficiencies and identify financial risk: tax implications, employment costs, legal requirements etc.
- Mapping the external market to identify trends and emerging skillsets, keeping the business at the forefront of technical and creative capability
- Anticipating future capability and skillset requirements and advise on associated risks and plan accordingly to futureproof the business
- Strategically planning for Resources to be available/globally mobile to ensure existing Resources are at their most productive (at optimised utilisation rates), reducing unnecessary spend on additional Resources.
- Informing the HR function of skill-gaps, and advise on development needs within the existing employee workforce
- Supporting the recruitment team in pipelining external resource where necessary and manage additional resourcing budgets effectively.
To be considered for this position you must have experience of:
- Working in-house at a senior level in Strategic Workforce planning/Resource Planning/Strategic Scheduling etc.
- Running SWP Internationally/Globally
- Working in a highly commercial fast-paced organisation with a large contingent and permanent work-force in a project/client-facing organisation – airlines, facilities/outsourcing, building/construction are all of interest
- Being hands-on. Whilst this is a senior and strategic role, you must be happy to roll your sleeves up and work operationally – everyone has a “can do” pragmatic approach in this firm
- Being highly analytical, able to interpret data, present your findings concisely and clearly and think short, medium and long term.
- Be numerate, commercial, and able to work collaboratively with finance, operations and HR.
- Be able to adapt to a highly creative environment, and work in a culture that is full of highly able, technical and impassioned people.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78324082