Purchase Ledger Clerk
Robert Half are working with a well-established Energy business based near Guildford to recruit for a Purchase Ledger Clerk. Joining an experienced Accounts Payable team, you will be given great training and support in a family-friendly environment.
- Checking Purchase Orders, coding and entering Supplier Invoices
- Preparing payment runs for approval, ensuring Suppliers are paid within terms
- Carrying out bank reconciliations and reconciling Supplier statements
- Deal with Supplier queries professionally and in a timely manner
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Raising sales invoices
- Processing foreign invoice/payments and handling exchange rate differences
- Checking and processing expenses and credit card claims
- Ensure strong internal control environment
- Transactions are authorised within delegated limits of authority
- Balance sheet reconciliations are carried out regularly
- Intercompany balances are reconciled each month
- Ad hoc duties as requested by Accounts Payable Team Leader and/or Financial Controller
The successful candidate will display at least 2 years' experience within an accounts function, ideally performing with exposure to the Purchase to Pay process.
The client is willing to consider more experienced candidates who are looking for 4 days per week or condensed hours - an indication of the employee first culture of the business.
Relevant system experience is not essential, but intermediate excel skills are essential.
They must have displayed experience working in a high-volume environment, whilst being attentive and accurate.
Salary & Benefits
£25,000 plus bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78643677