This is an important role in order to ensure the site maintains its machine base in order to deliver world class customer service. DS Smith are looking for a team player who has a good attitude, strong organisational skills and is a safety conscious individual. It is important that you enjoy practical work and are able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
What being a Maintenance Engineer at DS Smith will involve:
• Work in support of a preventative maintenance strategy. Undertaking work of a predictive, preventative and reactive nature.
• Undertake work as scheduled via our Computerised Maintenance System (CMMS) and as directed by the Line Manager.
• Repair, replace or manufacture component parts of production machinery ensuring they are fit for purpose and to the site standard.
• Mechanical maintenance activities on equipment including rotating machinery, pumps, services and process equipment.
• Reporting work details on CMMS.
• Ensure compliance with engineering standards and procedures in conjunction with other team members.
• Communicates clearly and in a timely manner with Engineering management and the team.
• Shares knowledge and experience to aid the development of others.
• Ensure that all engineering activities are conducted in accordance with statutory and legal requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• Engage in continuous and on-going housekeeping that illustrates a healthy attitude to the workplace and ensure that all areas are maintained to a high level of general housekeeping.
• Develop risk assessments with the risk assessment process against Safe Systems of Work.
• Ensure you comply with the relevant machinery and site policies and legislation.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Time served apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 Engineering or equivalent.
• Proven experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrates good fault finding and problem solving skills.
• A self-motivated and proactive team player.
• A flexible and responsive attitude to go above and beyond when required.
• Experience to carry out planned maintenance programmes.
• Ability to remain focused in high pressure situations.
• Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
• Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and problem solving skills.
• Machining, turning & welding skills.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of electrical systems
About DS Smith
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78962914