Trainee Pensions Consultant - Support Centre (Grafton GB)
We're looking for a Trainee Pensions Consultant to join our team based in Wythall.
If you would like to begin your career in Pensions this could be the role for you.As a key member of the Pensions team you will help us to deliver scheme support activities to trustees and the wider company across all brands within Grafton Group. This is a role where you could make a huge difference through your ability to understand complex information to advise a range of stakeholders.
When you join us you become part of Grafton Group PLC, a FTSE 250 Company. Grafton is a highly successful organisation within the building and plumbing merchants industry. We trade from over 400 locations nationwide, employ approximately 5,500 staff and have a turnover in excess of £1bn; not to mention our locations in ROI and Europe. Our businesses or 'brands' are leading merchants and specialists in their own fields.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Group Pensions Manager in advising pension scheme sponsors and Trustees, pulling together the many complex and interrelated areas of pensions regulation, strategy, implementation and governance of the scheme.
- Inputting into the agenda for Trustee meetings.
- Recording minutes and capturing actions and decision making process for the Boards, and providing proactive project management.
- Assisting in communication with pension scheme members and trustees.
- Supporting the governance of the pension schemes.
- Maintaining Trustee knowledge and understanding.
We're looking for someone with excellent organisational skills who is able to manage their own workload and takes pride in doing a great job. You'll be a confident communicator (including written English) who has a positive, can-do attitude. You'll need to be educated to degree level and have strong English and Maths skills (preferably A-C at GCSE level or equivilant).
You will receive a structured training programme which will be delivered though a blended learning approach which includes face to face training, e-learning, coaching and virtual classrooms.
In return, we can offer:
- A permanent contract from day one;
- A structured training programme to achieve a level 3 qualification in Pensions Consulting and the opportunity to progress to further qualifications;
- A competitive salary;
- A discretionary company bonus scheme;
- A contributory pension scheme;
- Free parking at the office;
- 31 days' annual leave (including bank holidays), with the opportunity to purchase extra days;
- A generous colleague discount for use across all the Grafton brands (including our showrooms);
- A great choice of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and the opportunity to lease a brand-new car through one of our salary sacrifice schemes;
- Access to huge range of fantastic retail discounts and cashback offers via our employee benefits site;
- An array of training and development programmes to help you progress your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78831477