Financial Operations Analyst - Client Incentives
Visa currently have a hugely exciting opportunity for a Financial Operations Analyst to join the Client Incentives division of our finance team based in Paddington. Client Incentives are an integral and rapidly growing part of Visa's Global Strategy. They represent the commitments made by Clients and Visa to develop their mutual business.
This role sits with in the CIO team in finance and is to support client incentive accounting, in particularly the implementation of an Oracle Revenue Management and Billing System (ORMB) to calculate and properly account for client incentive liabilities. This will include the 'build' of complex and unique contractual terms into the ORMB system, utilising data migration tools and testing phased developments.
- Takes highly complex client incentive contracts and determines company liabilities across their duration.
- Determines accounting treatment of all contractual liabilities
- Build the terms into the ORMB system, interaction with Finance Incentives Front Office & Legal may be necessary.
- Build/maintain MS Excel amortisation models ('Booking Packages') - actualising / updating forecast assumptions and generating feeds into LTCD (Long Term Contract Database) MS Access Database.
- Perform reconciliations between systems reporting old to new revenue recognition standards.
- Ensures liabilities are represented in financial and management accounts as part of the month/quarter end process; for both US GAAP and IFRS books
- Provides feedback on the functionality and usability of the ORMB system to help shape development requirements.
- Running/Testing reports for financial analysis and planning from the ORMB associated MicroStrategy tool.
- Build upload templates and feed into improvements projects to ensure the new tool works for the bespoke European contract base
- Manage tight deadlines& feed into overall team priorities to ensure Europe meets the global deadlines
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working with complex commercial contracts
- Qualified accountant/ part qualified with relevant financial accounting experience
- Experience of complex data analysis and modelling
- Educated to degree level
- High level of computer literacy including experience of working with Microsoft Excel and databases
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills. Accuracy and attention to detail Desirable
- Experience of US GAAP accounting preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Willingness to work under pressure / Project deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable approach - comfortable with changing workload and multi-tasking
- Experience of Oracle - ORMB preferable, though not essential
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78921918