Temporary Payroll Assistant - IMMEDIATE START £1152
One of our Edinburgh based clients is seeking an experienced Payroll Assistant for an ongoing temporary assignment.
Candidates MUST be able to start immediately and be in receipt of a current basic Disclosure Scotland.
Candidates must have experience of working within a Payroll function and demonstrate a strong working knowledge of electronic payroll application/systems and PAYE Legislation.
The post holder will support the Payroll Supervisor in providing an efficient, accurate and effective payroll function to the organisation. This includes preparation, calculation, input and checking of pay related data in accordance with pay closedown dates and maintaining information held on the SPS payroll database.
- Processing the monthly electronic Ex-Gratia (overtime) claims; utilising MS Excel templates to compare reports, preparation of input templates to load to Epayfact2.0 and provision of reconciliation of claims processed.
- Processing claims, and other temporary data changes received by the department in relation to the monthly payroll, e.g. overtime, advance recoveries.
- Entering sick absence data and issuing sick pay warning letters.
- Preparing Earnings Arrestment letters and payment pro-forma
- Performing calculations in relation to allowance claims received, inputting these to the pay application and cross-checking team members' work to ensure accuracy.
- Liaising with our external payroll supplier on any actions required on employee pay records checking these actions to make sure they have had the desired effect.
- Dealing with pay and pension queries from internal and external customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within a Payroll Function.
- Working knowledge of PAYE Legislation.
- Working knowledge of electronic payroll application/systems
- Minimum of 5 Standard Grades (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics/Arithmetic at Grade 3 or above, or relevant experience working within an administrative role.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail, with the ability to interpret and report on a range of information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, across a range of media.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet departmental and organisational deadlines.
- Provide proof of a current Disclosure Scotland
For further information and/or to apply for this role please forward a copy of your CV to Damian Anderson at Brightwork.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78978255