Plant Area Manager
Smith’s Nurseries and Garden Centre are currently recruiting for a Full Time/Plant Area Manager
5 days per week: Including one weekend day.
As one of South Warwickshire's fastest growing independent Garden Centres we are seeking to recruit a new team member for our highly respected and diversely stocked plant area, which still remains our strongest department in the Centre. This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated and friendly Garden Centre Team who are passionate about plants.
We have some exciting development plans ahead, and are looking for someone who can grow within our friendly Family business.
Skills and Experience
- You will be responsible for ordering stock and maintaining the Plant Area department to a high standard.
- Previous experience in the retail garden centre industry is preferred but not essential, although a general enthusiasm for this area will be seen as an advantage.
- A retail background would be preferential with knowledge of visual merchandising and stock control.
- A strong knowledge of plants across a broad spectrum.
- High levels of detail and good housekeeping standards are essential to this role.
- Excellent customer service experience and strong communication skills
- In depth knowledge of standard retail procedures such as merchandising and stock control.
- Proactive and energetic with a can-do attitude
- Proven ability to take initiative, gain excellent product knowledge
- Use of suppliers online based ordering systems (mainly Excel)
- Being a key team player is a must!
This job is advertised as a permanent position and although we are a business with seasonal high and low periods we always seem to be busy, if we are not selling then we are preparing for the next season.PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB IF YOU ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR A SHORT TERM PLACEMENT (I.E. STUDENTS, SCHOOL LEAVERS ETC) AS WE LOOKNG TO OFFER PERMANENT POSITIONS.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78654641