Equity Hedge Fund Trade Support & Fund Accounting
Robert Half Financial Services are representing a West End based Equity Long-Short focussed Hedge Fund to urgently a Trade Support/ Fund Accountant.
The role ideally requires an immediate start, or a short notice period and needs a strong Hedge Fund Operations Analyst, with a good understanding of Equities, FX, Futures, FX &Derivatives, across multiple funds.
The Operations team is very small, so there is a broad exposure to a lot of complex processes, across both Trade Support/ the full trade-life cycle and also Fund Accounting/ Fund Administration, working with NAV's etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
Assist in all operational aspects of the firm's platform across various fund types (UCITS, Cayman, managed account), including:
- Administrators NAV reconciliation & shadow NAV production
- Management & performance fee reconciliation
- Reconciliation of daily cash balances, corp. actions & positions
- Interaction with fund directors & auditors
- Assist with the on-boarding of new service providers, funds & portfolio managers
- Assist in review of fund documentation
- Interaction with service providers - admins, prime brokers, executing brokers
- Assist in the preparation of board packs & management information
- Assist in periodic regulatory reporting requirements for the funds
- Monthly fund factsheet/newsletter production - data collection
The Operations Analyst is responsible for directly supporting the firm's Investment Team. The individual will be exposed to various product types (Equities, Futures, FX and Derivatives) and will play a vital role in supporting the Portfolio Managers & Execution Traders. There will be extensive interaction with other internal support departments (Risk, Legal/Compliance, Accounting, and Software Development) as well as the Fund Administrators and external counterparties. Daily activities will include cash and positions reconciliations, monitoring of electronic trade confirmations, liaising with the Fund Administrator and performing a shadow accounting function.
The successful candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proactive self-learner & problem solver
- Reliable team member with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational and presentational skills
- Effective oral & written communication skills - knowledge shared & cascaded appropriately
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Over 5 years of experience within fund management
- A university degree - solid academics
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel (macros, Bloomberg API)
- Knowledge of UCITs & Cayman fund structures preferable
£200 per day- £300 per day, dependent upon experience.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78993553