Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Opportunity - International Business - £20,000 - £22,000
Your new company
My client a hugely successful international business based in Quedgeley in Gloucester is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk on a permanent basis. This is a full-time role working 9-5pm with parking provided, working within a fast paced yet supportive team environment.
Your new role
Your new role has developed to support the AP supervisor and ensure accounts payable transactions are carried out in a timely and highly accurate manner. You will be a key member within the team and it is essential that you are dedicated to ensuring the highest standards.
Your Key Duties will involve;
- Resolving a high volume of purchase order, invoice and payment discrepancies.
- Ensuring credit is received for discrepancies agreed by vendors.
- Regular reconciliations of vendor statements to ensure that the ledgers are up to date, and accurate.
- Maintaining good working relationships with vendors.
- Reviewing aged debit balances, and communicating with vendors to organise refunds.
- Reviewing aged non-payable invoice queries and escalating problems appropriately.
- Adhering to the companies document retention policy.
- Protecting the organisations value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Providing cover where needed, in times of high workload and holiday periods.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a similar accounts payable role. It is essential that you have excellent attention to detail with strong numeracy skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment along with excellent communication and strong Excel skills (knowledge of VlookUps).
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking company, working within a challenging but rewarding
environment. You will have the opportunity to work for a successful business that offers support and a busy yet welcoming team environment. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78654928