Finance Officer / Bookkeeper / Payroll Officer
Title: Finance Officer
Location: Haywards Heath (Outskirts - own transport necessary)
Pay: £23 - 25k DOE
Hours: Mon - Friday 8.30am - 5pm with an hour for lunch
Travail Employment Group are delighted to be working with a very successful Transport firm based on the outskirts of Haywards Heath in their search for an experienced Finance Officer to join their small but well-established team.
The main purpose of this role is to provide strong support to the Managing Director and Company Accountant in the day to day financial operation of the business by making positive contributions towards improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the business by providing dynamic and professional financial management and bookkeeping services. There will also be an element of general Customer Service and Administration due to the small team size and therefore the role would suit someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and contribute in all areas of the business.
This is a new role within the business and could have a lot of scope for growth in the future and therefore would suit someone really looking to make a difference and develop in their career.
Finance Responsibilities - 80% of week
- Using Sage 50 Accounts:
- Maintaining and Updating sales and Purchase Ledger
- General invoicing
- Weekly payroll for two small businesses using Sage Payroll including timesheet analysis
- Bank reconciliations and banking
- Making supplier payments
- Credit control
- Financial projects
- Transferring of information from the central booking system to Sage
Customer Service and Administration Responsibilities - 20% of week
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Supporting the wider team
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator with the confidence to make positive suggestions where appropriate
- Flexible approach to working with willingness to contribute as part of a team
- Positive outlook and 'Can do' attitude
- Experience within a financial role - ideally with sole responsibility
- Excellent Bookkeeping skills
- Intermediate or above excel skills
- Use of Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll
- AAT / CIMA / ACCA Qualifications would be preferable however, candidates with extensive experience industry will be considered
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78793985