PHP Web Developer - Central Manchester - c£30k
My client is an award winning Manchester and London based creative agency with a track record of producing groundbreaking digital solutions and engaging experiences for big brands.
They keep things nimble, don’t believe in overly large teams, but maintain the best players. They’re now looking for another talented PHP Web Developer to join the respected digital team in Central Manchester.
Passionate about technology
The PHP Developers will provide passionate engineering expertise to the company’s project team. Collaborating with teammates to ensure the very best code is delivered to our most demanding clients in a timely fashion. Faced with technical challenges across a wide variety of projects they are able to deliver high performance maintainable solutions.
Care about the details
In a fast paced, innovation led environment Senior PHP developers will be expected to manage their time effectively, communicate with teammates and follow established best practices. We care about the details and we don’t use the phrase 'it’ll do’ - we work together to solve complex problems.
Senior PHP Developers will be motivated to learn new languages and skills in order to expand their opportunities to work on unique projects. We want to hire developers who participate in online communities, industry events and that preach about the best new technologies to the rest of the team.
- Write clean, unit-tested code with a focus on performance and maintainability
- Analyse client requirements, wireframes, and APIs of related applications to propose integration solutions
- Assist the team in managing tasks, time estimates and planning
- Work with the team to identify and address project impediments
- Research and share industry innovations and trends
- Strive constantly to improve the health of our applications with forward-thinking code improvements, process refinement, and new ideas
- Have 2-3+ years development experience (preferably in a similar agency environment, but not essential)
- Deep experience with server-side application development in PHP using frameworks like Codeigniter, Laravel or Zend.
- Some experience with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, and Java
- Experience with Linux systems administration, web server configuration (Apache/ Nginx), SQL databases, and other common web stack technologies
- Strong experience and interest with open-source CMS tools
Nice to have:
- Mobile and cross platform experience (mobile web or app development)
- A university degree or some formal IT qualifications are preferable but certainly not essential.
- Self-motivated and able to work within a dynamic environment
- Appreciate great design
- Communicate well (verbal and written)
- Cope under pressure
- Multi-task but maintain quality
- Have strong personal organisation
- Maintain attention to detail
- Love working as part of a team
About the company
The Manchester head-office is located just a few minutes walk from Piccadilly & Oxford Road train stations. We live in a lovely cool industrial building that is shared by like-minded agencies, brands and a gym in the basement.
There is a wonderful deli at the top of the road, great coffee shops, local bars and one of the only big city green spaces across the road.
We take pride in maintaining a great space for creative people to do exceptional things.
Whats on offer
- A competitive salary c£30k currently, but more for the right candidate
- A generous benefits package
- Flexi-start (within reason!)
- Training and events
- Staff socials
** Please understand: Due to past issues, candidates must already live within a sensible, commutable distance of the client location. Candidates already in the process of relocating back to this area, please contact me to talk further **