Senior Maintenance Engineer
As the Senior Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will join a large Engineering team and take part in Reactive and Preventative Maintenance in a high speed manufacturing environment. You will use your experience and skills to advise on design and process improvements.
My client is a Global manufacturer who supplies a range of well know brands into all major suppliers across the UK. They offer a stable and progressive future for their team members.
The Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer is a Preventative and Reactive Maintenance specialist engaged to optimise the running effectiveness and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the multi-skilled engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. You will also be involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy.
- Must possess both an Electrical and Mechanical Manufacturing background:
- Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion, pneumatics, product handing and processing hardware.
- Use of hand held machine tools to manufacture / repair mechanical components.
- Metal fabrication and repair including welding of both stainless (MIG and TIG) and carbon steel.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear, Variable speed drives) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Establish power distribution systems, electrical control circuits and process control instrumentation.
- Install electrical drive systems
- Diagnostics to component level in electrical and electronic control systems including safety circuits, PLC's , Variable speed drives, encoders, power supplies.
- Able to understand and modify PLC based software.
- Post Apprenticeship
- HNC or Equivalent
- Must be willing to work shifts
£40,000-£42,000 with included shift allowance + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78912516