CREDIT CONTROL MANAGER £28,000 - £32,000 + Benefits
CREDIT CONTROL MANAGER
Robert Half are currently recruiting for a Credit Control Manager to join a large law firm in Central Bristol offering up to £32,000. This role is perfect for someone at supervisory or team leader level looking for a step up into a managerial position. The ideal candidate will be keen to nurture a team, with an appreciation for working with partners and have experience of working in a professional services environment.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, you will be managing a team of 5 people and be responsible for credit control and cash collection across 7 different offices.
- Team management - including regular team meetings, co-ordinating and managing workloads, recruitment and disciplinary issues, annual performance reviews
- Provide team members with training on the necessary systems and procedures
- Assist in setting cash targets for business and support the business in achieving those targets
- Review, update and analyse the debtor ledger on a daily basis, identifying trends and problems areas before using your skills, resources and judgement to maximise cash inflow.
- Working alongside the lawyers to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree and monitor payment terms and plans
- Advising on the need to pursue payment through legal action and, where agreed, refer the account to our debt recovery litigators.
- Maintenance of the firm's bad debt reserves demonstrating an understanding of the associated accounting principles.
- Production of debtor reports for distribution to partners, lawyers and the management team
- Holding meetings with senior stakeholders to emphasise the importance of cash collection.
- Previous experience of working in a professional services or legal environment
- Previous experience of supervising or managing
- Able to build relationships and appreciation for working with partners
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £28,000 - £32,000
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78916469