Accounts Payable Executive
Immediate vacancy for an Accounts Payable Executive based in The City of London working for a large business in the property and construction industry.
Temporary to permanent recruitment process for this Accounts Payable Executive, interviews available immediately.
My client is a leading property and construction industry business based in The City. They have a sizeable and busy team with upward mobility / progression for the right candidate.
- Be able to query purchase orders in terms of chosen supplier, prices quoted, previous costs incurred and possible alternative suppliers.
- Ensure purchase orders are approved by authorised personnel, returned to residence staff and filed appropriately.
- Where relevant, ensure invoices are in agreement with approved purchase orders.
- Ensure Utility and Service agreement invoices are calculated with reference to contracted rates.
- Ensure numerical accuracy of all invoices.
- Ensure invoices are approved by authorised personnel.
- Enter invoices to the appropriate company and cost centre within the company's accounting software.
- Deal with all supplier enquiries.
- Raise a BACS / Chaps / Cheque as appropriate and pass to the mandated bank signatory, together with the supporting checked and approved invoice.
- Send the appropriate remittance to the relevant supplier.
- Enter the payment against the appropriate invoice(s) within the accounting software.
- File the paid invoice in the appropriate file.
Petty Cash and Employee expenses
- Ensure approved, paid and processed in accordance with procedures.
Cost analysis and management
- Schedule and maintain up to date analysis of key expenditure items, to aid cost control and management decisions and reporting. For example hourly contracted security rates, utility suppliers and rates, white goods, carpets, maintenance contracts etc.
Student deposit returns
- To assist with the process of returning deposit cheques to students at the end of their tenancy.
- Any other finance related tasks and projects as required.
In order to secure the Accounts Payable Executive role you will have previous AP experience and be educated to degree level. My client is ideally looking for someone that has 1-5 years post further education experience and is looking to further their studies in either AAT, ACCA or CIMA.
You must have an interest in the property and construction industry and be able to commute to The City of London with ease.
If you secure the Accounts Payable Executive role you will have an immediate start of work within The City of London and in a busy property industry organisation. You will be offered the role on a temporary to permanent basis and be happy to accept a salary of £24-28k dependent on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78977731