Senior Business Analyst - E-commerce & Customer
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
There will be significant investment in Technology over the next 4 years as the business continues to grow and we are looking a talented Business Analyst to join us on this exciting journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Business Analyst to work closely with our E-commerce and Customer teams and become the subject matter expert in their operations, processes, system usage and needs. This person will play an instrumental role in developing our omni-channel experience; everything from the functionality of our E-commerce site to the effectiveness of our CRM platform.
You will lead the definition of functional roadmaps alongside the E-commerce and Customer teams, championing their technology requirements across change and problem management. You will also lead the definition of and support the business case generation for the function's technology change delivery.
What will you do as a Business Analyst?
- Breed strong working relationship with nominated functions (Customer and E-commerce) any other relevant business teams, giving them a voice within technology
- Own definition of relevant portions of the technology roadmap alongside the business functions
- Develop a deep understanding of the function's technology needs and look for opportunities to improve their technology offering. Champion the functions in prioritisation conversations
- Understanding cross technology portfolio plans and roadmaps, recommend adjustments as new priorities emerge
- Lead definition and business case for E-commerce & Digital functional change; own the technology delivery outcome
- Support technical testing and lead user testing for change impacting on Retail systems and processes
- Own delivery of smaller technology changes tracking timelines, budgets, scope, risk and quality during programme delivery
- Understand and contribute to management of the technology capital budgeting process
- Demonstrate awareness of 3rd party technology offerings and competitor or industry best practice in Retail area
- Support the technology leadership team in recommending change prioritisation
- Represent the technology team part of company-wide project teams providing IT guidance and support
- Positively represent the technology function alongside internal and external stakeholders as required
- Create a culture of honesty, accountability and engagement within the function ensuring everyone is treated with respect
- Effectively manage expectations of key stakeholders throughout the life cycle of change initiatives - from inception to delivery
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Significant experience in a Business Analyst position within Retail or similar customer facing industry
- Strong knowledge and experience of E-commerce platforms (Hybris is desirable, though not essential) and other Customer technologies relating to CRM & Loyalty Programmes
- An eagerness for change, driving continuous improvement
- Personable, diplomatic and approachable with an enthusiastic nature
- Ability to communicate effectively across business and technical teams
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail but operates strategically with an understanding of the 'big picture'
- Pro-active, and pragmatic attitude, someone who welcomes a challenge and seeks a solution
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 23 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to become a Business Analyst, we would love to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78976743