As a Management Accountant, you will be responsible the timely, complete and accurate processing of general ledger transactions in respect of revenue cost of sales, margin, projects and SG&A items in order to enable timely and accurate period close and accurate reporting.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for management and maintenance of general ledger, product groups and costs centres, including timely and accurate processing of items and adjustments.
- Prepare and post general ledger journals for revenue and costs, including output from legacy systems with accrual and deferral of revenue and costs as appropriate.
- Ensure month end procedures are properly executed and completed in line with agreed timetables, (including stock and WIP provisions, PO and GRNI accruals, currency revaluations, revenue and cost of sale accruals for service contracts, and project revenues and cost of sales).
- Account for and report project performance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain fixed asset register, including addition of new assets in a timely fashion.
- Review profit and loss and balance sheet accounts for assigned companies, profit centres and cost centres, ensuring reported performance fairly reflects the underlying performance of the business and its position at the balance sheet date.
- Prepare and distribute profit centre and product revenue and margin reports for project and service revenues.
- Routine analysis, reporting and GL maintenance
- SG&A and overhead analysis, and cost centre reporting.
- Carry out balance sheet reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet accounts. Review, investigate and resolve reconciling items between financial accruals and third party or legacy system data.
- Provide input to statutory reporting and tax packs as necessary.
- Keep manager updated on process and / or accounting issues.
- Appropriate interaction with Finance Business Partners including activities such as budgeting and other ad-hoc projects.
- Demonstrate service culture and strong customer service orientation.
- Compliance with all security, safety, health & environmental responsibilities and requirements as detailed in the company's security, health, safety and environmental policies.
What are my hours of work?
You'll be working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
This role will be based at our Hull Carr Lane office.
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78652936