Service Engineer required fora leading marine electronic equipment company, based in Aberdeen. My client are looking for someone to join their team to provide a high level of service to customers for their electronic marine equipment, including installation, commissioning and maintenance, test and repairs.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for someone looking to get into the industry with a globally recognised company. Candidates must be happy to travel to customer sites and vessells, and may be expected to stay away and work unsociable hours.
On offer is a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £34,000 dependant on prior experience.
All applicants for this Service Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Knowledge and Skills required for Service Engineer:
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing complex electronic systems in an offshore or marine environment.
- Good understanding of IT, Networks and Software based solutions.
- Methodical approach to problems with good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Basic skills in wiring and mechanical fitting and use of both bench and hand portable test equipment
- Knowledge of installing, testing and commissioning of electronic equipment and systems.
- Current experience of supporting marine electronic equipment on vessels.
- Experience in maintaining unfamiliar equipment/systems.
- Knowledge of Permit to Work and Risk assessments.
All applicants must be eligible for SC clearance!
To apply for this position as a Service Engineer, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78925250