Group Financial Accountant
New Group Accountant Role for Large Company in Northwich
Your new company
Based in the Northwich area, this large & reputable organisation lie within the pharmaceutical sector. Due to an internal re-shuffle, they now require a dynamic group accountant to join the team with the view to adding real value.
Your new role
The role itself will support management through the provision of timely and accurate financial information. You will take full ownership of the monthly consolidation and preparation of management accounts, as well as providing support on various important projects.
Outside of this, your daily responsibilities will be:
Financial Management & Preparation of Accounts
- Consolidation of monthly Group Management Accounts.
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly consolidated management reports and reports for the Senior Executive Team and the PLC Board.
- Ensure the consistency of the management accounts with the Group Accounting Manual
- Systems Maintenance
- Assist with the implementation of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Build reports for use within the management reporting framework in HFM
- Perform ad hoc analysis using HFM to support management
Month End/ General Accounting
- Process day to day accounting entries for the UK Head office Company ('PLC').
- Process payroll entries and ensure appropriate reconciliations with payroll are maintained.
- Preparing the month end reconciliations and related tasks which underpin the PLC accounting for areas such as share options/accruals etc.
- Perform month-end close and year end close procedures.
- Process month-end close journal entries and meet deadlines.
- Generate financial statements, account analysis and reporting.
Financial Statements and Statutory Obligations
- Preparation of financial statutory accounts and information for annual tax packs.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group's accounting records and financial systems.
- Oversee the preparation of the Group's statutory accounts and ensure subsidiaries' statutory accounts are produced in a timely manner in line with local regulations.
- Oversee the Group annual audit and be the main point of contact with the external auditors.
- Other ad-hoc analysis.
Budget and Forecasts
- Prepare the budget/reforecast for the PLC Company.
- Liaising with auditors
- Ad-Hoc Analysis
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant, having ideally trained in practice. You will need the drive to develop on a daily basis and the ability to add value. You will also need exceptional attention to detail. Lastly, your communication skills must be second to none as you will be working with executives and senior management regularly.
What you'll get in return
Salary is flexible based on what you can bring to the organisation, but it has been pitched at £45,000-£55,000 p.a. You will get to work for a multi-national PLC with a set progression plan. Further, you will be working with and learning from high calibre finance professionals on a daily basis. Overall, this is an exceptional opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78915646