I am currently recruiting for my well established client based in Whitchurch. There is the need to bring on board a Finance Assistant on a permanent basis supporting the Finance Manager.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
* Bank and Cash Reconciliations, including Paypal and Petty Cash.
* Prepare fortnightly payment run ensuring all approved invoices are paid to invoice terms.
* Maintenance of the purchase ledger systems, raising cheques and BACS runs.
* Manage creditor ledgers, ensuring suppliers are paid effectively and time.
* Dealing with any invoice or customer queries.
* Answering the phones in a courteous and friendly manner and manage accounts email inbox.
* Send weekly statement/dunning letters to customers and manage credit control processes efficiently.
* Provide cover for other sales and purchase function when required.
* Supporting the Finance Manager in completing daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc activities.
Summary of key attributes & Qualifications for role:
* Experienced in finance and accounts including purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash book and credit control
* Working towards or completed AAT
* Good computer and systems knowledge
* Knowledge and experience of Sage Line 50 & Microsoft Excel
* Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
* Capability to provide accurate and timely information and data
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively
* Commitment to delivering a first-class customer service
If you feel you have the necessary skills feel free to apply to be considered for the shortlist. Interviews will be held at the start of January with the successful candidate starting soon after.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78682118