Financial Analyst – Guildford (6-month contract)
£32,000 - £37,000
Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the IT Accountant in preparing forecast analysis, reviewing and preparing Financial slides among various other duties. They will be self-motivated and committed to achieving deadlines with a sense of urgency and initiative. 3 years’ relevant work experience along with technical skills such as advanced Excel are essential.
- Create packs and distribute NOVA actuals on a monthly basis to PM
- Prepare analysis of anomalies for review with the IT Accountant ahead of meetings
- Prepare NOVA forecast analysis on a semi-monthly basis and follow up with PM’s on accurately after review with IT Accountant
- Preparation of Financial slides for SteerCo to be reviewed with IT Accountant.
- Support IT Accountant in any AdHoc requests from the project team
- Document all processes as they are developed so there is a clear audit trail
- Improve the current reporting packs with IT Accountant and develop metrics and standardised reports
- Maintain the budget schedule for any CR adjustments and use of reserve fund.
- Support the IT Accountant in preparing for Semi-monthly Financial reviews for NOVA management.
Adjustments to the Financials
- Document any changes that are agreed from the monthly reviews so there is a current action list with owners and completion dates
- Support the IT Accountant liaising with Finance for any changes that need to happen.
- Semi-Monthly review with IT Accountant and PMO that all baseline budgets are current and accurate in Planview
- Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing).
- Commercially aware with the ability to identify, review and present key financial data
- Good knowledge of PC based systems (Excel)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
Technical Knowledge and Understanding:
- Knowledge of Coda or a similar G/L preferable
- Ability to extract, confirm and analyse data within Excel is essential
- Studying an accountancy qualification with a recognised institute (ACA/CIMA/AAT) is desirable, but by no means essential
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a focus on data analytics, financial reporting and report building.
- Experience with procure to pay lifecycle; asset lifecycle; project lifecycle preferable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78651392