Assistant Management Accountant
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF BUSINESS FINANCE
SALARY GUIDE: £20,500- £25,000 (Depending on qualifications and experience) _______________________________________________________________
OBJECTIVE OF THE BUSINESS FINANCE TEAM
To make a significant contribution to the attainment of the group’s business objectives by providing a high standard of financial support, direction and control to all aspects of the business, ensuring that clear, accurate and relevant financial information is available to the business on a timely basis.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE1. Ensure that profit and loss and other financial information available to the business is clearly presented, accurate, relevant, and available on a timely basis within defined timescales. 2. Posting of journals, accruals, prepayments & deferred income. 3. Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts working papers. 4. Provide an excellent standard of support and direction to colleagues to enable them to make informed decisions. 5. Provide constructive feedback and challenge to colleagues on the financial consequences of actions and plans. 6. Support non-finance colleagues to ensure that performance against budget is understood and well-managed. 7. Ensure that all payments and receipts are accurately recorded in a timely manner. 8. Monitor BACS payment issues and follow up to ensure resolutions are found. 9. Ensure that all company bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis. 10. Ensure that resident bank accounts and cash is appropriately safeguarded and recorded, statements are reviewed and filed. 11. Reviewing and authorisation of purchase invoices, checking for appropriateness, consistency of coding and accuracy 12. Checking payment runs. 13. Monitor external goods and services provided by suppliers and ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value and opportunities to the group. 14. Assisting with the external audit process, working in partnership with the Central Finance team to ensure that allocation of responsibilities is clearly defined. 15. Work with Finance and Operations colleagues to deliver financial training for new and existing home managers & administrators. 16. Carrying out Internal audits, reporting & following up to ensure any risks are managed and reduced 17. Reviewing and monitoring relevant purchase requests /maintenance orders. 18. Reviewing and preparing intercompany transactions / payments throughout the organisation.
Carry out any other reasonable duties which may be requested by the Line Manager in order to contribute to the attainment of the group’s objectivesMain responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Production of accurate and well-presented management accounts working papers in line with defined timescales.
- Posting of journals including calculation of accruals, prepayments & deferred income.
- Assisting non-finance colleagues with their understanding of budgets and financial performance by being able to summarise financial concepts in layman’s terms.
- Reviewing and authorising purchase invoices, checking for appropriateness, consistency of allocation and accuracy including maintenance order reviews.
- Checking payment runs and resolving any BACS payment issues.
- Recording payments and receipts accurately on a daily basis and reconciling all company bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that resident bank accounts and cash is appropriately safeguarded and recorded, statements are reviewed and filed.
- Reviewing and preparing intercompany transaction journals for goods and services between companies.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Monitoring goods and services provided by suppliers and assessing whether they offer best value to the group.
- Assisting with the external audit process, working in partnership with the Central Finance team.
- Carrying out periodic financial internal audits at our services and assisting with action plans to reduce any risks identified.
- Performance of any other reasonable duties which may be requested by the Line Manager in order to contribute to the achievement of the group’s objectives.
These duties are not exhaustive and may be altered at any time to reflect the changing needs of the organisation, as directed by your Line Manager. All duties will fall within the scope of your abilitiesIdeal candidate
- Accountancy qualification – AAT level 4 or higher
- IT literate with good Microsoft Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to explain financial concepts succinctly and simply
- Ability to think outside the box and problem solve
- Own transport and full driving license
- Experience in the care/health sector
- Experience within a multi-company environment
Ability to speak Welsh
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78933393