My client is a Global Security business based on the outskirts of Gloucester. Their aim is 'to solve problems for their customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place'.
Role summary Within this role you will be responsible for the financial stewardship of the Fundamental Account of my clients National Security business, with annual revenue of £20m+. The focus of your role is to build strong relationships and influence the key decisions that improve business performance from Orders to profit and cash generation. You will be commercially astute, ability to assess and quantify real risk associated with bids and contracts.
You will be at the forefront of discussions with varied stakeholders, a key player in decision making, challenging the status quo and influential in strategy formulation/ implementation. Comfortable with bringing a level of gravitas to dealing with ambiguity, focused on business outcomes whilst consistently delivering on business obligations. Adapting to cultural and relational considerations, you will lead development and maintenance of good, trusted stakeholder relationships
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with and influence senior management to help drive business performance. Improve the impact and understanding of financial KPI's to business outcomes ensuring high quality financial decisions are taken.
- Effectively share external industry perspectives and good practise to help deliver measurable improvements in the approach to decision making, value for money and risk management.
- Provide objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices available to the business.
- Identify and drive financial efficiency with senior management ensuring that resources are allocated effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and commitment to a value for money approach
- Commercial approach to bids, ability to identify and articulate complex areas of the bid whilst focusing on key areas of risk with appropriate mitigation plans translating into financials.
- Challenge business development activities in terms of alignment to business strategy, realism of opportunities and associated investment and the likelihood and level of financial returns versus risks.
- Proactive approach with risks and opportunities on financial ownership for the planning, forecasting and management of revenues and cost.
- Development of colleagues in core finance skills, whether within the function or outside, to ensure appropriate practices are followed, shaping the finance function of the future.
- Ensure that the area under your control operate an appropriate and effective set of financial controls and ensure the overall integrity of the accounts in line with good accounting practice.
What we're looking for
- Newly Qualified Accountant
- Sound commercial acumen including an understanding of pricing strategies and cost recovery models
- Experience in driving cost savings and margin improvement
- Effective leadership and influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience of working across cultures and time zones (desirable)
- Record of implementing and maintaining robust financial controls
- Experience of working to tight timescales and consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a cross function team and at various seniority levels in the organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78774216