Customer-Facing Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Customer-Facing Quality Engineer for a blue-chip automotive manufacturer at their West Midlands site. With ever-increasing volumes, the business is determined to ensure that the quality of products received by their demanding OEM customers is maintained. The successful Customer-Facing Quality Engineer will be responsible for all customer liaison, working problems through from initial customer concern through 8d problem resolution to route cause and corrective action.
Our client is a leading manufacturer on the global stage with sites dotted across Europe, North and South America and Asia. As a business that prides themselves on providing exceptional training and development for their staff, this represents a fantastic opportunity for a customer-facing quality engineer with excellent customer-communication skills to further progress their career at a market leading automotive supplier.
- First point of contact with OEM customers
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Drive the quality management of components and assemblies for new projects; ensuring delivery to the correct quality, number and timescales to drive product quality
- Responsible for leading a team to a position where they can guarantee internal and external customers are satisfied with quality of product.
- Ensure business is operating in line with TS16949 and ISO9001 quality systems.
- Utilise APQP and PPAP techniques
- Drive, track and run problem resolution teams to permanently close issues, utilising 8D
- Comfortable liaising with customers and delivering in line with high expectations
- Collate, produce and manage customer and internal KPIs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; confident liaising with customers as well as suppliers.
- Experience working as a supplier to Honda, Nissan, Renault or Toyota preferable
- Excellent problem solving skills across 8D, 5Whys and fish-bone analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of containment action
- Competent with Root Cause Analysis and corrective action procedures
- Versatile with variety of processes and procedures
- Strong mechanical engineering background
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA competent
- Comfortable leading a small team
£38,000 - £42,000 DOE + package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78923611