A very established and growing law firm are looking for a Litigation Manager to lead a new team of junior fee earners who will manage claims beyond £10,000 up to £100,000 across all types of commercial litigation including debt claims property claims, commercial contracts, construction etc.
- Support key events to help secure profitable new clients and increase the Firm’s profile.
- Ensure clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances and represents "value for money”.
- Maintain the integrity of data in key platforms such as Easy Collect, Lawsoft, Visualfiles, Worksite and InterAction by ensuring that they are updated in a timely manner.
- Manage a caseload of fixed price litigation with values of up to £100,000 across all types of litigation
- Supervise the caseloads of junior fee earner to ensure compliance with procedure, efficiency, client service standards and productivity targets are met.
- Impart and train to develop technical knowledge amongst junior fee earners.
- Undertake legal research both as requested and on own initiative.
- Develop innovative and improved methods of working to ensure productivity and profitability.
- Provide support to client services team on Client Audits and new business proposals.
- All new instructions to be appropriately triaged and conducted in accordance with the procedure and process for the unit.
- All invoices to be raised on completion of the matter and where possible interim billing to be applied. Disbursements and other ‘expenses’ to be invoiced as and when incurred.
- Previous management experience working in a legal position.
- Proven ability in improving team performance through coaching and development including morale.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Natural leadership skills with a hands-on approach.
- Confident and experienced in client interaction ensuring client needs are met in a professional and competent manner.
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail throughout all aspects of the role.
- Strong self-motivated team player who is able to work to deadlines and manage expectations accordingly.
Salary: £30-40,000 + company bonus
Holiday: 22 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
Excellent benefits which include: Pension, company sick pay, healthcare cash back scheme, personal accident cover, health club concessions, rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers, free onsite car parking and onsite staff café.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78597621