XERO Specialist, Business Services Accountant, Top 100 Practice
A Business Services Accountant role has arisen at a Top 100 London accountancy practice. You must be confident with management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax.
A new and exciting role as a Business Services Accountant has arisen at a Top 100 London accountancy practice. The role will be varied and will provide great exposure to client in mixed sectors such as entertainment, property and charities to name a few. The position will also allow the successful applicant to work closely with Partners within the firm. This is a role which will allow you to work under your own initiative both in the office and on site at client's premises. This client requires a fully or part qualified ACCA accountant with a UK accounts background. You must be confident with management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax.
- Our client is a well-established practice that has seen sustained growth over the last couple of years and see 2017 being a big year for the practice especially their business services department. They have a broad portfolio of diverse clients with a focus on entertainment and media which forms approximately 35% of their client base.
- This central London accountancy practice pride themselves on working with both local and international businesses. They offer fantastic service to clients; being experienced, enthusiastic and effective.
- Their business services team typically work with Xero, Sage and QuickBooks and are investing in more cloud based accounting services. The clients in this team require services in management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT and corporation tax and often use the firm's staff as virtual financial controllers for their own businesses. These clients typically have turnovers between £20,000 and £5 million.
- Our client really believes in their staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression. They believe that with the right attitude and guidance individuals can make a real contribution to the business and progress within the firm.
- They offer quarterly social events as well as half yearly socials such as attending the horse races and boating trips
- Act as a point of contact for the clients on their day to day affairs, with supervision where necessary, and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) or, depending on the individual job.
- Prepare management accounts which are as complete as possible
- Prepare year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items
- Draft VAT returns and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates
- Liaise with tax, payroll and other departments for client matters
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
- Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
- Be able to prepare basic statutory financial statements for clients with little or no supervision
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge-out rates, so that jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Respond to and deal with client queries
- Assist with the training of the more junior members of the team
- Qualified or Part-Qualified ACCA
- Must have previously worked in and practice
- Previous exposure to management accounts and year-end accounts
- Good understanding of corporation tax
- Knowledge of FRS 102
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willing to get involved and help clients
- Ability to organise and motivate the team
- Ability to manage time effectively
- £25,000 - £35,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Outsourcing / Business Services Accountant
- London based (Zone 2)
- Accessible via Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines
- Client exposure (Potential to work one day per week at a client's office)
- Virtual Financial Controller experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78962344