As a Management Accountant, you will play a crucial role within the Finance team, preparing accurate and timely management accounts and other finance information to support the Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
Based in Gillingham, Dorset, I am delighted to be representing my client, who has been in business for over 30 years, and is a very well established organisation working in the Manufacturing and Production Industry.
With a turnover of circa £37m, they are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team, reporting into the Finance Manager.
My client look to attract and retain the best staff, by offering unrivalled career development and progression in the area - supporting employees through studies and qualifications.
As a Management Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and delivery of accurate monthly management accounts within the agreed timetable, which provide analysis of the actual results versus forecasts and budget.
- Producing monthly narrative and exploring the key trends observed in the management accounts.
- Review of channel and central margins to ensure movements are understood and explained.
- Monitor monthly spend against budgets investigate variances as required to ascertain explanations for over / under spends on department and store P&Ls.
- Produce the monthly balance sheet file including reconciliations for each account and explanation of any significant movements each month.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return.
- Preparation of annual tax packs.
- Assist in the annual audit, preparing supporting schedules and evidence for the audit file and deal with queries from the external auditors.
- Assist Finance Manager in dealing with day to day accounts queries and duties.
- Preparation of adhoc financial analysis and projects.
- Liaise with department heads on their P&Ls.
- Assist in the monthly close down of ledgers.
- Completion of National statistics returns.
- Liaising with HR/payroll to ensure information is correctly posted within the accounts.
To be successful in your application for the Management Accountant, you should have:
- Experience in a manufacturing company.
- Experience with stock accounting is hugely advantageous.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- To be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in using Sage is desirable.
- Advanced excel.
- An eye for detail is essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Confidence to work under own initiative, yet take direction well.
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively.
If you are successful, you should expect:
- Very Competitive Salary.
- Competitive Benefits.
- Excellent Career Progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78674846