Process Commissioning Engineer (EfW Plant)
Process Commissioning Engineer required to assist in the Commissioning phase on an Energy from Waste project in Belfast. WPR is proud to be working closely in partnership with our client, who last year had a global turnover of c£20Billion, and are responsible for delivering some of the largest renewable energy projects across the world. They are about to embark on the commissioning of a high profile £146m EfW (Energy from Waste) project in Belfast. They are looking to appoint Process Commissioning Engineer to work closely with the site installation teams to deliver the project safely and on time.
*Please note this is an immediate start so early application is advisable*
The Process Commissioning Engineer will:
- Actively contribute to design reviews and safety reviews
- Assist in the production of commissioning documentation, including, MS/RA, technical files and commissioning documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the contract.
- Supervise the subcontractors with commissioning responsibilities, ensuring adequate commissioning activities are in line with the project commissioning plan.
- To report to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer on all commissioning related issues, progress reporting and performance of the plant and associated equipment
- Work with the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer to ensure the Planned & Preventative Maintenance is scheduled, actioned and recorded.
- Work with the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in coordinating the clients operations staff allocated to the project and supervise their day to day activities ensuring the plant is safely operated and performing correctly.
- Attend commissioning meetings with the major sub contractors on a weekly basis.
- Assist the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in facilitating the plant Site Acceptance Tests and mitigate issues as they arise, optimise the plant and equipment to ensure that the performance guarantees are met.
- Participate in the Plant Acceptance & performance tests leading in to the handover of the plant to the client and assist in creating the test documentation.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous experience working as a Process Commissioning Engineer on similar type projects.
- Third level qualification in Engineering.
- Previous experience installing and commissioning super-heated steam / boilers.
- Knowledge of gasification process and associated technologies.
- HSE awareness and commitment to excellent safety performance.
- Good IT skills particularly in MS Excel in creating spreadsheets, reports and data interpretations.
- Strong people & communication skills, relationship building, influencing and collaborative work style developed through working in complex and team-focused environments.
Salary: Day rate circa £400/day
Contract Duration: 3-6 months
If you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality
To hear more about the role please contact Anne or Michael on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78653515