Civil Engineering Graduate, Residential Contractor (Bedfordshire)
Civil Engineering Graduate
Up to £18,000 basic plus package
About the company:
This particular company is a fast growing top 10 UK Housing and Construction company regenerate places to improve economic and social outcomes for individuals. They transform land and existing properties into attractive homes that people can afford to buy or rent and neighbourhoods where people of all generations want to live. They are a £1billion market leading company with over 80 years’ experience in the construction industry.
Their employees represent the business on a daily basis and it’s with their help, work ethic and support, they continue to achieve profitable long term growth. They have a people focused culture and believe every single individual within makes a positive difference. Core values include being straightforward, passionate, collaborative and creative and these values support their vision in building communities and transforming lives.
You can expect to be part of company with strong values, be part of an inclusive team where you are encouraged and rewarded for your ideas and efforts, be given an opportunity to develop no matter where you work in the business and you will receive competitive rates of pay and an annual bonus linked to the team and company performance.
About the role:
As a Civil Engineering Graduate you will be joining the Residential Development arm of this business with one of the newest regions within. They currently have circa 10 live developments of traditional build and RC frame construction between £2.5m & £60m and dependent on experience you will be responsible for assisting the Technical Coordinators & Managers with these. The Technical department is set up with the Head of Technical, a Senior Technical Manager for Architecture and Senior Technical Manager for Engineering. The New Homes division was set up two years ago.
Current projects include:
- Residential Development comprising 628 units in Kent, 428 flats and 4 blocks of RC frame and basement
- Residential Development in Peterborough, 450units
- Residential Development in Essex comprising 74 residential units comprising one and two bedroom apartments and two, three and four bedroom homes
About the requirements:
- A proactive, self-motivated and consciousness individual with a stable career history
- In depth knowledge of the Architectural and Engineering aspects of housebuilding
- Knowledge of Refurbishment works would be a great advantage
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment.
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organized and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- A team builder who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside.
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to ‘get the job done’.
- Residential experience either with a Main Contractor or Residential Developer
- Degree Qualification or equivalent
About the benefits and rewards:
The salary offered always depends on the level of experience of the candidate and their exposure to the relevant industry sector. In this instance they are looking to pay up to £18,000 basic plus package. The package includes:
- Car/car allowance
- Death in service benefit
- other perks
About the Recruitment Consultant responsible for the Vacancy:
I have been in Recruitment for 5 years and now specialise within Technical recruitment covering all disciplines including Architectural Technicians; Design Coordinators; Senior Coordinators; Technical Managers; Senior Technical Managers and Technical Directors. My background previously covers Commercial; Operations; Technical; Estimating & Planning therefore I have well l rounded knowledge of the industry which benefits. It just seems Technical is my niche!
My clients include Main Contractors and Residential Developers from large PLC companies to small family owned businesses with clients who work on anything from Mixed Use Regeneration Schemes; High Rise, High Spec Residential Schemes; District Regeneration Schemes; New Build Social Housing schemes and one off detached high specification houses so you could say-something for everyone!
Some Successful Campaigns:
Technical Coordinator-Redrow Homes
Technical Coordinator-Chase New Homes
Technical Coordinator & Manager-Crest Nicholson
Technical Coordinator-Mears New Homes
Technical Coordinator-Abbey New Homes
Technical Manager-United Living
Associate Director Technical - Countryside Properties
Technical Coordinator & Manager -Lovell Partnerships LTD
If the above opportunity isn’t quite what you are looking for then please do still get in touch. I am inundated with various opportunities so perhaps I have something for you which I have not yet advertised!
If you’re interested in finding out more, please apply to Jasmine@cityscapeltd. com or call01923 750095
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78584653