Engineering Manager's position for a multi-site manufacturing business in Manchester. Looking for highly skilled individuals to undertake the development of the engineering and maintenance teams.
Our client is a large multi-site business who pride themselves as being the largest manufacturer in the UK within their industry. Through developing existing talent within the organisation and having the right leadership they have taken the market by storm.
- Management, leadership and development of the engineering team.
- Ensure all machinery is fully operational to ensure consistent production, full capability, maximisation of efficiency's and reduction in downtime.
- Implement engineering tools and techniques to meet the challenge of continuous improvement activities.
- Developing practices and systems, including PPM schedules, testing, maintenance and repair of machinery.
- Identify and resolve any resource conflicts or problems before they impact upon production.
- Liaise closely with senior management to ensure resource needs are captured and a viable plan can be met.
- Managing communications between the engineering team and internal stakeholders.
- Highly experienced Engineering Manager with good understanding of tools and techniques available to maximise production in a manufacturing environment.
- Strategic planning experience of engineering maintenance within a factory environment.
- Proven project management ability.
- Stable career history with commitment to take tasks through to completion.
- Hungry to demonstrate ability to make a cultural difference.
- A sound understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering, backed up by a relevant engineering qualification.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of improvements with lean manufacturing experience.
- Proven track record/experience of developing and implementing a Preventative Maintenance Program.
- People management, performance management and team building experience.
£Competitive Salary DOE
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78926496