Senior Fibre Laser Engineer
Job Title: Senior Fibre Laser Engineer
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of fiber lasers for use in cutting, welding and marking applications in a wide range of industries. There products are sold globally and has its major business operations, including Research and Development, Manufacturing and Product Marketing located in both Rugby and Southampton, UK, with additional Sales and Customer Support locations in Asia and North America. They are introducing key new products at pace and this role is critical to the success of these implementations and growth plans.
This role will drive the optical development of next generation fibre laser products through the full product development lifecycle, ensuring the requirements of all stakeholders are met, including other product development functions, product marketing and introduction into manufacturing. This is a key role in there Development team with interaction across many functions within the company, and with significant influence on the successful launch of new products to market.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for new product development of innovative fibre laser technologies in both the ns pulsed and CW domains in conjunction with the technology development groups
- Work within multidisciplinary NPI teams and Operations teams to deliver new products as defined by the clients Strategic plan
- Development of prototype lab demonstrators and product evaluation lasers in collaboration with other members of a multi-disciplinary project team
- Define and drive the verification and validation requirements for new product developments
- Identification and management of project risk
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including transfer of new products, test requirements and processes from Development to Manufacturing
- Reporting of project progress to senior management
This role requires a strongly practical, hands-on approach to technology development, underpinned with a good understanding of the physical principles of pulsed and CW fibre lasers and associated components.
- Successful candidates will ideally have 3-5 years' experience in a technology development environment for high-power lasers, and will possess some knowledge and understanding of competitive technologies, performance-critical requirements and reliability
- Ideally have worked within cross-functional project teams to deliver large scale and complex NPI into lean manufacturing environments
- May have some experience of small scale project management
- Ideally a PhD related to lasers / fibre optics with subsequent relevant experience in industrial laser development
- Alternatively a Bachelor or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology or Engineering related field coupled with 5 years relevant experience in industrial laser development
- Must enjoy hands on optical lab work, experimentation and design
- Ability to work across multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
- Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, and the adaptability to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines and changes in priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to integrate into multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and a strong execution-oriented approach
- Must be diligent, focused and thorough, taking personal pride in their work and achievements
- Communicates well at all levels
How to apply
To be considered for the role of Senior Fibre Laser Engineer, please click on 'Apply' and upload your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78688355