Research Engineer - Software Engineering
Research Engineer required to work on 'proof of concept' projects using new and emerging technologies which push the boundaries of what can be done using software engineering.
This role is involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle, including requirements analysis, architecture and implementation so you will be able to see projects through from start to finish.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A strong degree and ideally a post-graduate qualification in computer science or a related discipline
- Excellent software development skills
- Commercial and/or academic experience of applying IT-based research to real-world problems
- Experience in some or all of Java, Python, C++ and R.
- Skills and experience in distributed systems.
In addition, we need experience in one or more of:
- SQL/NoSQL databases
- Information security or risk management
- Big data systems (e.g. Storm, Spark, Hadoop, Hive and HBase)
- Web applications and RESTful service development.
Please note that only applicants who are EU citizens can be considered as there is occasional travel required within the EU - often at short notice.
If you meet the criteria above then we would very much like to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78546436