Interserve are currently recruiting a Mobile Air Conditioning Engineer to take responsibility for the Planned and Reactive operational maintenance tasks, support with minor new works as necessary and proactive support to the Engineering Manger.
The role is to carry out statutory monthly PPM related tasks, general building maintenance as well as A/C related tasks. Due to the nature of the client the successful candidate will be required to complete a high level security check before commencing employment with us, therefore you must hold a valid passport with at least 6 month remaining. In order to be successful within this role it is imperative that you have the correct qualifications that allow you operate as a compliant A/C engineer. Further to this you will also hold a valid driver’s license.
Interserve offers 25 days holidays plus all public bank holidays. Our current employees have opportunities for progression to up skill as we are looking to create highly skilled teams across the business.
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- The Maintenance Technician will be employed on work appropriate to their core special skills.
- Will have specific knowledge in a particular field which matches the requirements of the contract.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades.
- They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and work as part of at team.
- The post holder will be required to participate in an on-call rota and being available for reasonable overtime as needed.
- To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- To carry out minor new works where directed.
- Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Have a good background in and formally trained in AC and Refrigeration Maintenance
- Have a good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental Impacts and Risk Assessment procedures
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities when requested to do so
- Hold a City Guilds 2079 in Refrigerant Handling
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance regimes
- Experience of maintaining Split AC units
- Experience of maintaining Variable Refrigeration Volume systems
- Knowledge of electrical services
- Fault finding on Control circuits
- Knowledge of lone working requirements
- Able to work under pressure
- Comfortable working at heights
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Must be flexible regarding working hours
- Must be available to join a call out rota
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
- Experience of General Building Management Systems
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained
- Experience of Centrifugal Chillers
- Electrical qualification
- Able to work outside discipline
- Experience of large chillier units
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78595029