Reports to Maintenance Manager
To assist in the communication and continuation between shifts.
Main function of the post
Maintain and repair the company's Plant and equipment to required standard, in order to meet our commitments to the customer.
Full time 40 hours Shifts to Inc Nightshift + Weekend Nights on a 6 week rota basis.
Circa £30,000 Depending on Experience +
Profit Share Scheme. Date
1. Immediate response to Work Stop maintenance requests in order of priority. Fault find and repair.
2. Ensure effective maintenance of the Company's production equipment:
3. Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and Maintenance requests. Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place in their departments.
4. Comply with Company procedures regarding Maintenance requests and logs.
5. Focus on pro-active Continual Improvements in all areas of Operations.
6. Participate in Continual Improvement Projects as required. Ensure all identified Maintenance tasks are completed.
7. To report to the Maintenance Manager concerns regarding the safety, effectiveness or reliability of the company's equipment, ensuring both conformance to safety standards and the equipment's ability to function to the required performance standard.
8. Participate in training and development initiatives to ensure you are competent and confident to carry out your duties as required, ensuring you have opportunities to develop your role in line with the development of the Company. Ensure any identified training needs are undertaken and completed within agreed time frame.
9. Liaise with Production personnel to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to.
10. Prepare for and attend meetings as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
11. Observance of Company Health and Safety Regulations and as per Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and subsequent legislation. Work to comply with the Company's Environmental Management Systems in collaboration with all other departments.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder is required to perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Manager above, from time to time.
Previous Experience of Continuous Improvement Projects.
*Knowledge of PLC control & Drives - Ability to programme and fault find
* A formally recognised engineering & electrical qualification
* Excellent interpersonal skills - able to adapt communication style to the individual working with strong questioning skills and strong active listening skills (clarifying & confirming)
Able to work independently and make informed, firm decisions
*Able to work under pressure
* Determined and 'can-do' mentality *
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78926934