I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a very successful and growing business based in Wirral. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for month/year end duties and assisting a strategic approach to future growth.
Duties will include:
* VAT Returns, EC Sales and Intrastat
* Balance Sheet Reconciliations to include, warranty provisions, bad debt provision, stock provisions all in line with IFRS
* Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals, Rebates, Intercompany Loan/Intercompany Supplier or Customer accounts, Wages Control, Purchase and Sales Ledger reconciliations
* Liaise with the payroll provider and internal managers for overtime, deductions, starters and leavers etc - (approx 2/3 hours a month)
* Insurances - both company insurance and credit control - keeping the up to date records
* Monthly monitoring of advertising and marketing costs against budget - detailed explanation of the content.
* Monthly freight and logistic costs monitoring
* Credit Control including timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments, negotiating payment plans where necessary and contacting customers to ensure invoices are clear for payment
* Close monitoring of the debtors ledger and ensuring any accounts at risk are 'on stop' and where necessary reporting to underwriter
* Aged Debt analysis, Turnover Reports, Credit Risk and Limit Reports
* Helping to develop new robust procedures within the department for credit control purposes. ISP error monitoring and liaising if necessary with internal departments and resolving errors where possible.
* Cover for other roles in the accounts department at holiday times
* Any other ad hoc duties time permitting to enable a smoother running of the month end /year end process to enable the Financial Controller to oversee other critical areas within the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Good team player and willing to get involved in lots of accounts areas
* Ability to develop good customer/colleague relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
* Ability to reconcile complex accounts
* Good Excel and Word experience and ability to navigate around accounting systems
* Calm and confident disposition to be able to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
* Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent is desirable
* CICM or CSA qualifications are desirable but not essential
* £30-35k DOE
* 25 days' holiday plus statutory
* 37 hours per week (early finish on a Friday)
* Free parking
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* Company pension
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78915443