Project Engineer required to join established and growing manufacturer of bespoke, high quality furniture based in the Emsworth area. Experience in a timber or woodwork environment would be advantageous but is in no way essential to this role.
Project Engineer Position Overview
The primary objective of this position is to improve the productivity, output and manufacturing capabilities of my client.
Other duties will include:
- Be a communication link between design and production teams ensuring both depts. Are on the same page and aware of changes to specifications and manufacturing.
- Researching modifications, updates and replacements to current machinery.
- Supporting the ground work and implementation of product change overs and new product introductions.
- Implementation and upkeep of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Accurate Costing of products.
- Sourcing suppliers and sub contract work where necessary.
- Supporting bespoke product design and production.
Project Engineer Position Requirements
- At least 1 year of experience as a project engineer within a manufacturing environment.
- Said experience in a timber or woodcraft environment would be desirable but is not essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills both in written and verbal English.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and designs.
- Confident manner in approaching and resolving any issues related to the production and design teams.
- HND/HNC/Degree/Apprentice Served Qualified within an Engineering or Manufacturing Environment.
- Based within a commutable distance of Emsworth.
Project Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £27,000 - £40,000(Based on Experience)
- 20 Days Holiday + All Statutory Holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78594621