Robert Half are working exclusively with a profitable engineering business to recruit a Credit Controller in Derby on a permanent, full-time basis. This is an opportunity to join a growing team in a period of positive change. The role is to support the Financial Controller and to ensure debt is collected within agreed credit terms, to reconcile accounts and to resolve customer queries.
- Liaising with Operations to ensure accuracy of invoicing details
- Business partnering the operations/projects teams to ensure data integrity.
- Implementing a robust and accurate procedure for raising invoices - end to end process.
- Challenging the information received to ensure accuracy against the job cards submitted.
- Meeting up with customers as and when required to run through their invoices and building a rapport.
- Implementing and maintaining an accurate rates database for each customer to ensure invoicing is accurate.
- Producing month end analysis for theFC which will be incorporated into theSMT month end pack -
- Debtor days
- Revenue streams
- Bad debt provision calculation
- Variance analysis and commentary on GP of contracts
- Chasing payments
- Cash Allocation
The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive, understands a robust credit control procedure, confident and is not afraid of challenging the status quo. It is vital that you are a self-starter who has lots of initiative and possess a strong work ethic, always striving for success.
You must have the following
- Positive 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Diligent approach to all tasks.
Our client is a division of an acquisitive business with multiple service lines and a diverse client basis. Having only been operational less than 20 years they have grown to circa £50m turnover with an excellent profit line. They are currently going through a period of post-acquisition integration, and a system implementation.
Salary & Benefits
£20000 - £22000, study support considered, contributory pension and 25 days holiday as standard.
This role is currently being shortlisted and interviewing ASAP so please respond urgently if you are interested.
You may be interested in this role if you are also looking at Finance Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Receivable, Sales Ledger, Credit Manager and Assistant Accountant roles.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78359866