Kibworth, South Leicestershire
£3.70 per hour for the first year, subsequent years relevant to age.
Our client, based in Kibworth in South Leicestershire, is a dynamic company with specialist expertise in thermal management solutions particularly related to the electronics sector. The company has made a significant investment in R&D to support the generation of new products, and technology for future growth.
The company is seeking an Apprentice Engineer to train and develop into a role covering component level assembly and test of the company’s latest electronics products. There will be periods of time working with both hardware and software engineering functions to ensure a proper multi-skilled engineering experience. The apprenticeship length is expected to be between 42 and 48 months.
- Assist Electrical/Electronics and Software Engineers in the manufacture and assembly of electronic thermal control devices.
- Carry out component level printed circuit board assembly and test on our products.
- Assist in the manufacture of thermoelectric assemblies.
- Become involved in preparation, programming and operation of our surface mount assembly line.
- Take an active role in the development of prototypes for research and commercial projects under the supervision of appropriate colleagues
- Assist in warehouse and workshop activities as required.
- Enrol and attend college on a regular basis on a suitable level II/III Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Complete additional training activities as and when appropriate.
- Develop skills in electronics circuit design and assembly.
- Carry out all work activities in a safe and responsible manner
The ideal candidate for the Apprentice Engineer role will portray the following skills and attributes:
The successful candidate will be able to show evidence of their flexibility, tenaciousness, willingness to learn new techniques, and that they clearly fit in with the working culture of a small business. Demonstrate a range of good communication skills with a positive attitude and determination to succeed whilst being able to communicate and work within a multi-disciplinary team from different backgrounds.
During the apprenticeship, if the candidate proves to be a reliable, hardworking individual then it is likely permanent employment will be offered.
If you feel you are suitable for the Apprentice Engineer role, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78514330