£35,000 to £38,000 per annum
Our client provides thermal management products and solutions serving the electronics, automotive, medical and industrial sectors.
The company through its products, technical team and research activities has built credible strength in the area of thermal solutions. With new products being launched, new brands being established and a growing in-house manufacturing capability there is an opportunity for significant growth globally. The company has a Project Engineer role available for someone with an applications engineering background, to support process development and knowledge transfer for the production of novel thermal systems. Currently, there is a need to manage a new capacity for the company requiring project management and technical engineering.
A project engineer is needed to provide technical leadership and project engineering for a new project. The role is a creative role involving mechanical and electrical development, together with overall project management.
- Conceptual design and development of prototypes and new products.
- Generation of 3D cad models and 2D part / assembly drawings using Solidworks
- Design for prototyping/production using CNC milling and turning.
- Design calculations and the application of advanced simulation / CAE techniques
- Creating and delivering technical presentations (both internal and external)
- Generating Intellectual Property and Patent applications (incentivised)
- Supporting team leaders and reporting on progress to Senior Management
- Organising and leading regular consortium meetings and conference calls.
- Advising and supporting technical delivery as well as advice on strategy, risk management, conflict resolution or other key issues for the success of the project
The ideal candidate for the Project Engineer role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication, strong presentation skills, inter personal and negotiation skills together with a flexible management style and the capacity to work effectively in collaboration with all consortium partners. Ability to interact effectively with staff and partners at all levels.
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent project management experience gained in a technical environment, such as manufacturing and R&D, involving multi-disciplinary activities.
- Strong engineering background with mechanical, electrical and CAD experience. Experience of implementing project plans using appropriate project management software.
- Good co-ordination, organisational and time management skills with particular regard to periodic face to face project review meetings and regular technical progress review conference calls. Generation and submission of periodic technical and monitoring reports.
- Good writing and reporting skills together with a good understanding of project finances.
- Must be prepared to travel, to attend supplier, subcontractor and partner meetings at their locations.
- Ideally a degree level in mechanical engineering or relevant background.
The position is based in Kibworth near Market Harborough but may involve regular travel to other nearby ETL facilities together with consortium partners. The project is funded on the basis of a fixed term contract for 30 months in the first instance with a 6 month probationary period. Salary £35k - £38k per annum basic salary and a company pension scheme (6% employee contributions). Hours 0830 to 1700 hrs Monday to Friday, however, requires the ability to work flexibly with occasional work outside these times.
If you feel you are suitable for the Project Engineer role, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78514179