Project Manager - Business Education for Schools
Your New Employer:
ELBA is the leading social regeneration charity in east London. It facilitates corporate investment from over 100 organisations into community programmes across the growth boroughs of Hackney, Greenwich, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Barking and Dagenham. ELBA also manages an award winning employment and skills programme.
The Business Education for Schools programme has over ten years’ experience of bringing together schools and businesses. We create opportunities for young people in East London to develop their business awareness, and to raise their aspirations to help build successful futures.Your New Job:
Education Works Programme:
Education Works is ELBA’s over-arching education programme which seeks to raise aspirations of young people, develop their business awareness, and support their employability.
Currently our work involves supporting schools through events bringing volunteers from the world of work into schools, and taking students into businesses to develop set employability skills, through the Business Education for Schools programme.
We also support undergraduates and graduates within the Higher Education Programme and Mentoring Works, a mentoring programme for Y10 and Y12 students.
Purpose of the role:
This is an important role within the BES programme, providing vital support to our schools and companies to coordinate and run events of varying scales throughout the academic year. Taking the relationship lead for a number of our schools and companies, the successful candidate will manage these relationships, as well as managing & mentoring relationships in the Mentoring Works programme. Both of these programmes are reliant on the relationship lead ensuring engaging and impactful interactions for both our schools, students and companies.
- Maintain strong relationships with both schools and companies
- Manage event requests both volunteers and schools
- Run cross school projects throughout the year with multiple schools taking part
- Support the account management process by attending meetings with the wider account team.
- Mentoring Works: Work with the team to support individual employee volunteer (mentor) and student (mentee) relationships to ensure programme objectives are being met.
- Deliver projects and activities for educational establishments in line with the priorities and opportunities identified in conjunction with the school and corporate members.
- Create and develop materials, share best practice and design new programmes in line with changing school priorities.
- Deliver training to volunteers, including details on safeguarding where appropriate.
- Work proactively with CSR departments and other contacts within ELBA corporate partners to promote and enable delivery of projects/activities.
Communication and reporting
- Update ELBA’s CRM with all business volunteer activity in line with agreed timescales
- Regularly write case studies, news stories and maximise use of social media for the programme
- Work with the team to ensure communication material is updated on the ELBA website and promoted through ELBA’s social media channels
- Write end of year reports to schools.
Evaluation and impact measurement
- Implement agreed evaluation and impact measurement tools for each project/activity/funding requirement.
- Represent and act as an ELBA ambassador at meetings, social events and functions when required
- Attend ELBA team meetings, collaborate with other ELBA colleagues on projects where appropriate and contribute to the development of ELBA as an organisation
- Adhere to relevant policies including equal opportunities and health and safety
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
ELBA’s core competencies define the principles and ethos that are central to the way we seek to operate as an organisation and the way we treat those with whom we come into contact. They inform what we do and how we do it; we expect every member of staff to commit to creating value for our members and community partners. ELBA’s core competencies are:
- Commercial awareness
- Relationship management
In addition the ideal candidate will have:
Essential skills and experience
- Strong project management skills, managing projects from inception through to completion and evaluation.
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver against set targets to agreed deadlines
- Be able to confidently facilitate events to students and volunteers.
- Effective time management skills and interpersonal skills including negotiation, persuasion, flexibility and problem solving
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage and track multiple projects, often with competing timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate messages clearly and concisely in an engaging style consistent with ELBA’s brand
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of developing sustainable and effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- An understanding and passion for supporting young people within the employability agenda
- The ability to work collaboratively within ELBA to develop and share best practice
- The ability to work across all levels of ELBA corporate members, community partners and local stakeholders.
- A high level of IT literacy.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working with young people in a learning environment
- Knowledge and experience of corporate community investment
- An understanding of the value of evaluation and impact measurement techniques within the education sector.
We are acting as an employment agency for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every candidate however, we may retain your CV for future vacancies. As this is a full-time opportunity, you will need to be eligible to work in the UK and have all necessary documents to demonstrate this, as well as qualifications appropriate to the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78530525