- Support achievement of budgeted sales and profit, proactively analysing profit variances and provide recommendations and options for improvement.
- Undertake thorough reviews of cost centre information with the Directors, challenging expenditure and were appropriate help them to make informed business decisions prior to changes in processes.
- Responsible for the accurate revaluation of the inventory and tracking of price movements against budgeted standards, portraying this information effectively back to the supply team and the Directors.
- Liaise with the purchasing team to ensure all significant variances in prices are queried and resolved. Track purchase price variances against agreed targets.
- Support manufacturing in the running of the half - yearly stock takes. Oversee the stock count and ensure the values are accurately reflected. Thoroughly review stock losses and investigate reasons for discrepancies.
- Produce detailed cost of sales analysis and commentary supporting sales price and margin fluctuations for the Directors.
- Analyse Freight and Duty Costs and ensure correct duty rates have been paid and accrued where appropriate. Ensure correct commodity codes are assigned correctly to all imported parts.
- Produce monthly inventory analysis for the Manufacturing Director with explanation of the movements in the month.
- Produce and review quarterly inventory provisions list.
- Provide financial data on inventory levels and accompanying commentary.
- Provide detailed forecasting / budgeting input for relevant areas of responsibility.
- Produce variance analysis
- Support the Chief Accountant in the day to day management of the accounts function.
Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Accounting or Business related subject
- Part or fully qualified in CIMA or ACCA
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a management accountant role within a manufacturing organisation
- Experience of working in a multinational business
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Outlook
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78446030