Site Manager - New Build Housing Developments
A medium sized housebuilder have a requirement for an experienced Site Manager to work on developments in the Lancashire and Greater Manchester regions.
The company deliver a wide range of homes from starter homes for first time buyers to 4 bed family homes at affordable prices.
The role - Site Manager - New Build Housing Developments
You will be reporting to the Contracts Manager and will be responsible for managing and controlling the day to day site activities to meet programmes in accordance with the company policies and procedures on new build developments. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to details is of upmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
Key duties and responsibilities for the Site Manager:
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
Skills & Experience Required
To qualify for this position you will ideally worked for a housebuilder of medium to large size and must have experience working on new build housing schemes with a proven track record delivering within budget and timescales.
You will also have a sound knowledge of Health & Safety on site and have good technical and commercial awareness. In addition, you MUST hold a relevant CSCS card, SMSTS, valid First Aid and Scaffold Appreciation certificates.
What's on offer for the Site Manager role
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package including company car or car allowance, bonus scheme, medical cover and pension.
If you are interested in this role and would like to have a confidential chat, please contact Deena at Bromak or apply via the link below.