An exciting opportunity has arisen with an impressive global brand that is now looking to recruit a highly talented Financial Accountant for their offices in Greater Manchester on an interim - permanent basis. The initial contract is a for 6 months and paying between £225 - £250 per day.
The Financial Accountant will manage all aspects of the finance accounts function, working with the board and senior executives by working as part of highly professional group reporting team. The individual will stakeholder manage the senior management team and can expect to be involved in ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and delivering elements of the consolidated financial reporting including: weekly sales, operating profit and debt report.
- Monthly flash, management, financial and board reporting.
- Quarterly, Half Yearly and Annual reporting
- Annual strategic plan and budget.
- Responsible for the interaction with allocated Strategic Business Units and Regions, including: Management of all data submissions, ensuring data is timely, complete and accurate.
- Understanding the information received, ensuring analysis and explanations are insightful and useful.
- Resolution of practical and technical accounting issues including an assessment of impact on the business.
- Ad hoc internal and external financial reporting, analysis and modelling to analyse scenarios that impact the business.
- Mentoring of graduates and new members to the group reporting team.
- Production of statutory accounts for UK based limited companies.
- ACA / ACCA qualified or overseas equivalent
- Strong analytical ability and eye for detail and accuracy, with an ability to take a broader view as required.
- Technically strong with high level of awareness of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems and identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in both head office and the pan-global operating divisions of the group.
- Flexible and motivated team player with a drive to deliver and achieve in role.
Apply below or to find out more about the Greater Manchester based Financial Accountant job contact Kristian Lee on or call +44161240 7480
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78447231