Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer
Opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company who has invested heavily in South Wales over the last ten years. They are one of the world leaders in their field and are a very stable employer. Currently looking to recruit a dynamic Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer.
Working Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm
As the Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer,you will be responsible for repairing, adjusting, and maintaining the crane machinery on site.
As the Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer, your duties will include:
- Working in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all safety issues.
- Repairing, adjusting, and maintaining the crane machinery to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications.
- Responding to emergencies, break-downs, malfunctions, and other operating problems to minimise disruptions to manufacturing processes.
- Using Data Logging Equipment to establish origin of failure on intermittent faults and for process control improvements.
- Working in a proactive way to continually improve technical knowledge and improve process.
- Implementing an established maintenance programme and maintaining detailed maintenance records so that recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts can be identified and addressed.
- Maintaining tools and repair equipment in good working order.
- Conducting periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair, both electrical and mechanical.
- Ensuring compliance of safety standards undertake risk assessments and adhere to SOP's.
- Undertaking rigorous investigatory reports for defective actions/situations where appropriate.
- Supporting Continuous Improvement activities in the area.
- Working collaboratively with other team members and shift/day personnel to ensure effective running of the process.
- Adapting / adopting the new methods of working and/or new technology the Company introduces and undergo training as the Company directs.
To be a successful Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have experience of working with overhead cranes
- Must have experience of electrical and mechanical crane maintenance.
- Ideally completed a fully indentured apprenticeship
- Commitment to Health & Safety and continuous improvement methods.
In return, the Crane Maintenance Technician / Crane Engineer will receive a salary of up to £28,300 depending on experience, pension and healthcare.
If you wish to considered for this role, then please click the apply button.
NOTE if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78748398