I am currently working with a well known Housing Association in North Kent who are recruiting for a Senior Accountant on a temporary basis.
My client have an excellent reputation in the local market for both the work that they do but also internally within their business. Following a re-structure they are looking to add temporary resource to their team.
1. Manage the monthly performance reporting of the group, subsidiary companies and budget holder levels.
2. Co-ordinate the business partnering of the accounts team to allocated budget holders, attending departmental management meetings and integrating finance into operational work areas. This includes understanding the processes and needs of operational teams and providing financial information in a format which aids business decisions.
3. Manage the control process to ensure the integrity of the accounting records, ensuring regular reconciliations are prepared and reviewed.
4. Manage the budget and re-forecasting processes, ensuring operating costs and operational efficiencies are considered.
5. Assist in the co-ordination, preparation and sign-off of Annual Financial Statements for all Group entities.
6. Provide both external and internal auditors with the information they require in carrying out their audit work.
7. Assist Financial Controller in ensuring that financial accounting policies comply with current financial reporting standards and are adhered to in practice.
8. Provide tax assistance to Financial Controller including VAT returns, tax advice and liaison with specialist tax advisers.
9. Monitor, maintain and regularly test operational controls, updating relevant procedure documents and process maps.
10. Represent Finance on project teams/working parties to ensure that new activities, restructurings and business improvement opportunities are correctly accounted for.
11. Assist in the implementation of new and existing financial systems (including upgrades, testing and feedback).
- Full professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Accomplished in numerical analysis and interpretation
- Experience in using and maintaining financial database ledger systems
- Detailed knowledge of current financial reporting standards
- Experience in working in management and financial accounting functions
- Detailed knowledge of current financial reporting standards relevant to the housing sector (SORP, FRS)
- Knowledge of Corporation tax and VAT regulations
- Competitive salary and benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78827940