Graduate Learning and Behaviour Assistant - Secondary
Graduate Learning and Behaviour Assistant - Secondary - Small Heath
Would you like to work in an inclusive secondary school, empowering and influencing young people who need additional emotional, behavioural and academic support?
Maybe you have some experience working with young people who display challenging behaviour, and would like to put this into full-time practice?
** If you are passionate about education and you are considering going into teaching or educational psychology, then this could be the perfect foundation programme to join! **
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Graduate Leaning and Behaviour Assistant
- Engage with pupils on an individual and group basis
- You will be required to prepare and deliver various academic and pastoral activities to young people who demonstrate challenging behaviour, due to their background or other environmental factors
- Monitoring students' attendance and behaviour, as well as progress and attainment in your sessions. You will be working alongside experienced teachers and pastoral staff
- Providing exceptional support the students need to improve their engagement and attainment
- Paid from £60 - £65 a day
- Full-time, term-time only until end of academic year
- Interviews being arranged
- Suit an individual who has suitable experience working with young people exhibiting potential behavioural and emotional issues
- Possibly a Psychology degree with a sound theoretical understanding of patterns in behaviour
- You will need to have a minimum of a 2:1 degree, preferably from a Russell Group university.
- You will also have strong A-Levels
- Some transferable experience working with vulnerable young people is extremely desirable
- Passion to make a difference is essential
- You will need to be resilient, outgoing and empathetic to deal with challenging behaviour and emotions
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- Birmingham, Small Heath - easily accessible by all public transport links
- Well-equipped, state of the art inclusion department within the grounds providing outstanding provisions for all students.
- Inclusive, multicultural school
- Constantly improving academic and school culture
- Fully invested in the impact that recent graduates can have on the personal and academic progress of their students
- Perfect, real-life experience before commencing teacher training
- Opportunity to progress onto their teacher training in 2018!
If you feel that you are able to build relationships with students and add value to their school life, then you could be successful in this role! Don't miss out, send your CV by clicking 'APPLY NOW' to Jamie at i-teachers today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78639691